Whether you are a relatively new supervisor with only 2 years of supervision experience, or a seasoned manager with 20 years experience you know leading a team has its challenges. Not only do you have to motivate and communicate across a wide range of personalities and skill levels, but you need to be an expert on City policies and procedures. The 24-PLUS program will allow you to renew your skills and learn new models for managing performance, while sharing experiences and best practices with your colleagues. In this workshop, you will examine your own personal strengths and management style, learn to build a clear accountability system for your team, and review how to coach, while managing interpersonal relations honestly and respectfully. The City’s Performance Improvement Plan form and progressive discipline process are covered in detail.
Over 800 of the City’s supervisors and managers have already attended this program, which satisfies the requirement that all new supervisors attend 24 hours of training within their first 6 months of employment with the City. The workshop includes 6 half-day modules:
- Managing Yourself – The DiSC Assessment
- Fundamental Supervisory Model: Strategic Leadership
- Planning Performance
- Coaching Performance
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Progressive Discipline
How will you benefit?
- Communicate with and influence your team by adjusting your personal style
- Motivate commitment by using classic coaching techniques
- Generate accountability through performance plans that objectively measure progress
- Successfully initiate Performance Improvement Plans and Progressive Discipline
This workshop offers two options:
24-PLUS for Experienced Supervisors and Managers – Designed for people with MORE THAN 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE as a manager or supervisor inside or outside of the City's employment.
24-PLUS for New Supervisors and Managers – Designed for people with LESS THAN 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE as a manager or supervisor inside or outside of the City's employment.
Workshop Enrollment Form (Word)